This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices American cheese, chopped
- 1/2 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells (about 18 shells), cooked and
- Baby carrots, olives, red bell pepper, small pickles and cheese slices for
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bacon; cook until
onion is tender.
- Add beef; cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Stir chopped cheese into beef mixture.
- Spoon mixture into cooked shells; place in prepared baking dish.
- Cut carrot into very thin strips.
- Cut small slit into olives; poke one end of thin carrot strips into olives
- Cut red bell pepper into fang shapes.
- Slice pickle lengthwise into tongue shape.
- Cut cheese slice into zigzag pattern for teeth.
- Bake shells for 3 to 5 minutes or until shells are hot; remove from oven.
- Decorate as desired with olive and carrot eyes, bell pepper fangs, pickle
tongue and cheese teeth.
- Serve immediately.