Mousey Meat Loaves
Don't be afraid to let these rambunctious little rats into your kitchen! Individual meat loaf portions fashion these yummy little critters that are sure to spark conversation.
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1/2 cup Progresso® Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups chunky tomato pasta sauce
- Green Giant® sweet peas (heated)
- Green olive slices, sliced ripe olives, shoestring potato pieces, sliced
almonds and curly fries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix beef, sausage, bread crumbs, onion, milk, salt, cream
cheese and egg.
- Divide into 6 equal portions; shape into 4-inch oval loaves.
- Pinch 1 end of each oval to a point for rat’s face.
- Place in ungreased 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Gently pour pasta sauce over and around loaves.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf
reads 160 degrees F.
- Garnish with green olives and peas for eyes, sliced ripe olive for a nose,
shoestring potato pieces for whiskers, sliced almonds for teeth and curly fries
Yield: 6 servings (4 ounces each)
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury