This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Mousey Meat Loaves
Don't be afraid to let these rambunctious little rats into your kitchen! Individual
meat loaf portions fashion these yummy little critters that are sure to spark conversation.
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1/2 cup Progresso® Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups chunky tomato pasta sauce
- Green Giant® sweet peas (heated)
- Green olive slices, sliced ripe olives, shoestring potato pieces, sliced almonds and curly fries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix beef, sausage, bread crumbs, onion, milk, salt, cream
cheese and egg.
- Divide into 6 equal portions; shape into 4-inch oval loaves.
- Pinch 1 end of each oval to a point for rat’s face.
- Place in ungreased 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Gently pour pasta sauce over and around loaves.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf
reads 160 degrees F.
- Garnish with green olives and peas for eyes, sliced ripe olive for a nose,
shoestring potato pieces for whiskers, sliced almonds for teeth and curly fries
Yield: 6 servings (4 ounces each)
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):