This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Night Crawlers in a Bait Pail
- 1 child's plastic sand pail, labeled "bait" in black marker on the outside, or a new bait pail, thoroughly cleaned and dried
- 1 package whole wheat linguini, prepared, drained and cooled
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan or asiago cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- Puree 1/2 of the can of black beans in a food processor or blender. Add
a little olive oil if needed to aid in pureeing.
- Combine pureed beans and the remaining whole beans, as well as the rest
of the ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to combine well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into "bait pail" and garnish with clean garden spade or the
sand shovel that comes with the bucket.
- Lay a fake plastic fish or fishing pole next to the pail.