This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 English muffins, split
- 1 1/2 cups prepared pizza sauce
- 1 large green or red bell pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, onion,
salt, oregano and black pepper. Cook and stir about 6 minutes or until chicken
is no longer pink; set aside.
- Cover a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch jellyroll baking pan with foil.
- Arrange muffins in single layer on prepared pan.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pizza sauce on each muffin half.
- Cover generously with chicken mixture, dividing evenly.
- Cut 12 sliver bell peppers into "smiling" mouth shapes; set aside.
- Chop remaining bell pepper; sprinkle over mini-pizzas.
- Combine Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses in small bowl; sprinkle generously
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 12 minutes or until cheese is light brown.
- Make face on each pizza by using 2 olive slices for "eyes" and
1 pepper shape for "mouth."
Yield: 12 mini-pizzas