- 10 ounces frozen broccoli
- 10 ounces frozen baby peas
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Chives for garnish
- Microwave or boil the frozen vegetables until tender.
- Drain the vegetables and place in a blender or food processor (process in
batches if using a small blender or processor).
- Add the butter, chives and heavy cream.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth, but still flecked with dark green bits
of vegetables. Refrigerate if desired.
- Before serving place mixture in a saucepan and gently heat until warmed
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with chives.