This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Scary Skillet Shepherd's Pie
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8 ounce package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook vegetables as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, brown meat in large skillet; drain.
- Stir in gravy; simmer until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Microwave cream cheese and 1/4 cup milk in medium microwaveable bowl on
HIGH for 30 seconds; beat with whisk until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in remaining milk and water. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes
or until hot, stirring after each minute.
- Stir in potato flakes and Parmesan until well blended.
- Spoon into resealable plastic bag; cut 1 corner from bottom of bag.
- Remove 12 peas from mixed vegetables; stir remaining vegetables into meat
- Squeeze potato mixture into 6 mounds on meat mixture to resemble ghosts.
- Add 2 of the reserved peas to each for the eyes.
- Serve with a mixed green salad and your favorite fresh fruit to round out
Prep Time: 25 min | Total Time: 25 min | Yield: 6 servings
Substitute: Prepare using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese.
Nutritional Information: Calories 370 Total fat 18 g Saturated fat 9 g Cholesterol
80 mg Sodium 480 mg Carbohydrate 28 g Dietary fiber 3 g Sugars 6 g Protein 23 g
Vitamin A 25 %DV Vitamin C 30 %DV Calcium 15 %DV Iron 10 %DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):