This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Smiling Jack Sandwich
Who can resist an edible jack-o-lantern sandwich when it's grinning at you?
- 2 or 3 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- Suggested sandwich fillings: barbeque beef and cheese
- Press rolls together to form a flat oval shape. With a knife, cut out a
wide "V" shape in side of oval. Rotate "V" about a quarter turn and tuck the
point under the pumpkin to form a stem. Trim, if necessary.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Cut out 3 large triangles for eyes and a nose, and a large crescent shape
mouth. Leave some teeth in, if desired. Cut 3 curved lines from top to bottom,
almost all the way through the dough.
- Brush with egg and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on rack and then slice horizontally.
- Fill with piping-hot barbeque beef and cheese, or your own favorite sandwich
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Yield: 1 serving
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):