This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
You wouldn't think a snake on the Halloween buffet table would ever be welcome.
Yet this calzone offers savory respite after all of Halloween's treats.
- 1 (13.8 ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup POLLY-O Original Ricotta Cheese
- 31 slices OSCAR MAYER Pepperoni, divided
- 1 egg white
- 1 drop each yellow and green food coloring, divided
- 2 manzanilla olives
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll dough on lightly floured work surface; roll or flatten to 17 x 10-inch
- Combine cheeses.
- Cut 1 pepperoni slice to resemble a snake's tongue; set aside.
- Arrange remaining pepperoni slices over dough rectangle, leaving 1-inch
border around all sides; top with spoonsful of the cheese mixture. Roll up dough,
jelly-roll fashion, starting at one long side; pinch seams together to seal.
- Place, seam-side down, in "S" shape on baking sheet sprayed with
cooking spray to resemble snake.
- Beat egg white and yellow food coloring lightly with fork; brush about half
- Add green food coloring to remaining egg white; brush randomly over dough
to resemble a snake's splotched skin.
- Insert olives into one end of dough for the snake's eyes. Add pepperoni
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat pizza sauce just until warmed.
- Serve calzone with the sauce.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 55 min | 12 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):