Spaghetti and Eyeballs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (7 ounce) jar pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, ketchup, egg, pepper, and oregano in a large
- Form into about 18 to 24 eyeball-size balls.
- Press an olive into each eyeball, pimento side out.
- Place the eyeballs in a baking dish, cover, and bake for 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before the eyeballs are done, fill a large pot with 3 quarts
of water. Add salt. Follow package directions to cook the spaghetti.
- Drain noodles and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Toss with butter or margarine.
- When eyeballs are done, carefully spoon onto the spaghetti, irises up.
- Spoon the sauce from the pan around them.
- Serve with thinly sliced black olives (eyelashes).
Other Halloween recipes you may like...
Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
Halloween Dipped Marshmallow Puffs
Spooky Eyeball Tacos
Spook-tacular Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels