This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Halloween party? Gather the kids and make spook-tacular tacos.
- 1 (4.7 ounce) box Old El Paso® Stand 'n Stuff® taco shells
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 20 extra-large pitted ripe olives
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat taco shells in oven as directed on box.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring
frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Reduce heat to medium; cook uncovered
about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until water has evaporated. Remove from
- Spoon beef mixture into heated taco shells.
- Top with cheese, lettuce and tomato.
- Spoon sour cream into small resealable food-storage plastic bag. Seal bag;
cut tiny hole in corner of bag. Pipe sour cream over top of each taco to resemble
- For each spider, top taco with 1 olive, pitted end down.
- Cut second olive lengthwise into 8 pieces; place around whole olive for
- For eyes, squeeze 2 dots of sour cream onto top of olive.
Yield: 5 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Special Touch: Serve tacos with other favorite Halloween recipes like
1 Serving (2 tacos each): Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 250); Total Fat
28g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 1150mg; Total Carbohydrate
22g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g); Protein 24g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 40%; Iron 15%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Medium-Fat
Meat; 3 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/© 2009 ®/TM General Mills