This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped black olives
- 1 cup chopped green onions with tops
- 1 cup ketchup or salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Pierce potatoes in several places with fork. Microwave on HIGH, about 2
minutes per potato. (Total time may vary according to microwave capacity.) Let
cool 5 minutes.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add potato halves and cook until
tender and lightly browned.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut each potato half in half lengthwise again to form 2 smaller tombstones.
- Arrange bacon, cheese, olives and onion in rows in 9 x 13-inch casserole
to resemble paths through graveyard.
- Place several potato tombstones upright randomly throughout dish. (Decorate
- Spoon ketchup or salsa at base of each potato.
- Using pastry bag or disposable plastic bag with corner removed, pipe sour
cream in ghost shapes throughout dish.
- If desired, sprinkle chopped parsley throughout dish as grass.
- Serve remaining potatoes in separate dish.
Yield: 6 to 12 servings