This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Toad's Eye Soup with Witches' Broom Breadsticks
For a ghoulishly good presentation, serve soup in a hollowed-out pumpkin at your
Halloween party! Kick off a night of trick-or-treating with a supper that's quick
to make, fun and healthy. Double the amount of pasta for a heartier version.
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup acini di pepe pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen Italian-style meatballs (about 24 meatballs), thawed and quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup pre-shredded carrots
Witches' Broom Breadsticks
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated garlic breadsticks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease large cookie sheet.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat chicken broth to boiling over high heat.
- Add pasta. Reduce heat; simmer about 12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, make Witches' Broom Breadsticks. Remove breadstick dough from
can and separate dough at perforations. Fold each strip of dough in half, end
to end. Cut two 1 1/2-inch slits in open ends of folded dough with kitchen scissors.
Twist dough 2 times.
- Place on cookie sheet, slightly spreading end of broom.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add meatballs, spinach and carrots to soup; simmer about 1 minute or until
spinach is wilted.
- Serve broom breadsticks with soup.
Prep Time: 20 min | Yield: 4 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):No change.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Pillsbury - Bake-Off is a registered trademark
of General Mills 2007 and /™ General Mills