Voodoo Witch's Hands
This is a great Halloween party entree that can be prepared in advance and held
warm in the oven.
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (12 ounce) Dixie Crimson Voodoo Ale
- 2 tablespoons
minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions,
cut into rings
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 medium
- 3 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Black olives, pitted and
- Use a heavy mallet and pound breast flat, carefully cut chicken breasts
to create four fingers and a thumb (the uncut part of the breast will be the
palm of the hand). Slice them a little crooked for effect.
- Marinate breasts, refrigerated and covered for 2 to 3 hours.
- Dust in flour, dip in egg, then coat in bread crumbs. Arrange on a parchment
lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown
and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, over medium high heat, reduce the marinade in a sauce pan until
thick and glossy.
- Plate Presentation: Use lots of red-leaf lettuce.
- Trim the tips with the olive fingernails and serve on lettuce.
- Place the sauce in a finger bowl to allow for dipping or spooning on top
of the breasts.
Yield - 12 adult dinner party servings