Witches Finger Sandwiches
Served warm or cold, you can literally "point fingers" at family and friends with these easy sandwiches!
- 1 (11 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Breadsticks
- 6 small slices pepperoni
- 12 (2/3-ounce) slices American pasteurized process cheese food
- 3/4 cup finely shredded lettuce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate dough into 12 strips. Place flat on ungreased cookie sheet; do
- With sharp knife or kitchen scissors, cut 2 small triangles from one end
of each dough strip to form a point that resembles a fingertip.
- Lightly score breadsticks in center to resemble knuckles.
- Cut each pepperoni slice into 2 pointed ovals to resemble 2 fingernails.
- Place 1 pepperoni piece on each breadstick.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. If necessary,
reapply "fingernails" with small dot of ketchup.
- Split each breadstick.
- Cut each cheese slice into strips and place in breadstick, overlapping strips.
- Top each with lettuce.
- If desired, serve with mustard, mayonnaise or ketchup.
- Serve warm or cold.
Prep Time: 35 min
Makes: 12 finger sandwiches; 6 servings
* Place small triangular dough pieces on cookie sheet; bake until crisp. Use
as croutons or nibblers.
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury - Bake-Off is a registered trademark
of General Mills 2007 and /™ General Mills