Yummy Mummy Beef Pizzas
These quick and easy pizzas feature homemade beef sausage and have a mummy face
made of string cheese.
Italian-Style Beef Sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon
crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 4 round thin sandwich breads, any variety,
- 4 individually wrapped sticks reduced-fat mozzarella
- string cheese (1
- 8 black or green olives, sliced horizontally
- Prepare Italian-Style Beef Sausage: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl,
mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add beef mixture; cook for 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2 inch crumbles
and stirring occasionally. (Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed
Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160
degrees F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.)
- Stir pizza sauce into sausage crumbles; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until
heated through, stirring frequently.
- Keep warm and set aside.
- Place sandwich thins, cut side up, on rack of broiler pan.
- Spoon equal amounts of beef mixture on each bread half.
- Pull cheese lengthwise into thin strips. Cut each strip into thirds.
- Create mummy faces using cheese strips in crisscross pattern to resemble
mummy bandages and olives to resemble eyes.
- Place pizzas on rack of broiler pan so surface of cheese is 3 to 4 inches
- Broil for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Reprinted with permission from
the Beef Checkoff.