The Creepiest Salad Bar
Turn a simple salad bar into a haunting Halloween meal when you label the ingredients
with spooky names and toss the salad with a blood-red dressing.
For extra-speedy prep, purchase pre-sliced mushrooms, washed lettuce in bags,
cut-up broccoli florets and shredded cheese.
Monster Slime Dressing
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Creepiest Salad Stuff
- 8 cups spring mix lettuce blend (weeds and grass)
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips (goblin fingers)
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds (witch's teeth)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (vampire eyeballs)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (sliced toadstools)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (mummy's bandages)
- 1 cup broccoli florets (ogre curls)
- Monster Slime Dressing: In small serving bowl, mix dressing ingredients until well blended.
- Creepiest Salad Stuff: Place salad ingredients in individual bowls to create salad bar. (Make labels
so your goblins know what is in the bowls.)
- Serve dressing with salad ingredients.
Prep Time: 15 min | Yield: 8 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Pillsbury - Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills 2007 and ™ General Mills
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.