They're clear medical gloves filled with candy corn nails and caramel corn.
- 5 cups corn, popped and buttered
- 1 cup peanuts, salted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups C&H Pure Cane Golden Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- candy corn
- 6 clear, food
- orange and black ribbon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease 3 cookie sheets; set aside.
- Combine popped corn, peanuts and salt and spread evenly on a cookie sheet
and place in warm oven until ready to use.
- Combine sugar, water and corn syrup in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Place over
medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Wipe crystals from side of pan
as necessary. Boil, without stirring to 270-272 degrees F or until soft crack
- Remove from heat; add vanilla extract.
- Pour syrup in fine stream over warm corn mixture.
- Stir syrup through corn quickly.
- Turn out on cookie sheets; separate corn with two forks quickly.
- Cool completely.
- Place candy corn in end of each glove finger for fingernail; pack glove
tightly with caramel corn.
- Close bag tightly at wrist; tie with ribbon.
Makes 6 servings.
To check soft crack stage, drop a small quantity of syrup into chilled water. It
will separate into hard threads, which when removed from the water will bend.
Reprinted with permission from
C&H Sugar Company, Inc.