Pumpkin Pie Seeds
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of ground nutmeg, ground cloves and salt
- To prepare pumpkin seeds, scoop them out of the pumpkin into a colander.
- Rinse under cold running water, lifting with your fingers to pull out strings,
until seeds are clean.
- Drain and blot dry on paper towels.
- Transfer seeds to a large bowl and toss with melted butter, brown sugar,
spices and salt.
- Stir well to coat.
- Spread seeds on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, until crisp and golden, stirring
occasionally and watching to make sure they don't burn.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Makes 2 cups.
Source: Skelly's Farm Market