Bubbly Ham Casserole
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 2-3/4 cups milk
cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) package macaroni, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated
Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a saucepan, sauté onion in butter for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour,
salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Add the green
pepper, mushrooms and pimientos. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
from the heat; add macaroni and mix well.
- Spoon half into a greased 13 x 9-inch
- Sprinkle with ham and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Top with the remaining
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.