Country Ham and Cabbage Chowder
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups (1 pound) cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole potatoes, drained and quartered
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a Dutch oven, sauté celery, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes, stirring
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
for 1 1/2 hours or until heated through.
8-10 servings (2 3/4 quarts)
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> >> Leftover Ham Recipes