Fresh Asparagus and Ham Casserole
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cooked
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- Place layer of cooked asparagus in bottom of 2-quart casserole.
- Slice cooked potatoes and place over asparagus.
- Cover with alternating layers of sliced hard-cooked eggs, diced ham and remaining cooked asparagus.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in saucepan. Blend in flour.
- Stir in milk and cook until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add salt, pepper and dry mustard and pour over casserole.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter, mix with bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until crumbs are brown.