Ham 'n' Cheese Calzones
Yield: 2 calzones (7 servings each)
- 2 (13.8 ounce) tubes refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 to 6 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Dried basil (optional)
- Meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Unroll one pizza crust on a greased baking sheet; roll out into a 14 x 11-inch rectangle.
- Spread half of ricotta lengthwise on half of the dough to within 1 inch of the edges.
- Sprinkle with half of the pepperoni, ham and mozzarella.
- Fold dough over filling; press edges firmly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining crust and filling ingredients.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil if desired. Cut into slices.
- Serve with spaghetti sauce.