Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts)
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 to 1 cup instant potato flakes
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes, cauliflower and onion in chicken broth until tender.
- Stir in milk, ham, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through.
- Stir in potato flakes; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until soup is as thick as desired.
- Sprinkle with parsley.