Ham and Cornbread Casserole
- 2 or 3 cups leftover ham, chopped
- 2-3 leftover cornbread for topping the casserole*
- 1 small container sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package (2 cups) grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 package frozen broccoli in a bag with the three types of cheese
* Do not use sweet cornbread mix - use homemade or some kind that is not sweet.
- Grease Pyrex dish with spray oil. Put ham, soup, and sour cream in the dish,
- Whisk the two eggs and add to the ham mixture and blend well.
- Poke a few holes in the bag of broccoli. Cook broccoli in bag for 5 minutes in
microwave. Add to the ham mixture and blend it well.
- Top with the 2 cups (or an entire bag) of finely shredded cheese. Do NOT mix
this in with the ham mixture as it is a cheese layer.
- In another bowl, crumble up the leftover cornbread and add the butter.
- Cook in the microwave until the butter is melted. Blend the butter into the cornbread
until it is moist.
- Spread the cornbread/butter over the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about one hour or until the top is brown and crispy.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.