Ham and Cornbread Casserole
- 2 or 3 cups leftover ham, chopped
- 2-3 leftover cornbread for topping the casserole*
- 1 small container sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package (2 cups) grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 package frozen broccoli in a bag with the three types of cheese
* Do not use sweet cornbread mix - use homemade or some kind that is not sweet.
- Grease Pyrex dish with spray oil. Put ham, soup, and sour cream in the dish,
- Whisk the two eggs and add to the ham mixture and blend well.
- Poke a few holes in the bag of broccoli. Cook broccoli in bag for 5 minutes in
microwave. Add to the ham mixture and blend it well.
- Top with the 2 cups (or an entire bag) of finely shredded cheese. Do NOT mix
this in with the ham mixture as it is a cheese layer.
- In another bowl, crumble up the leftover cornbread and add the butter.
- Cook in the microwave until the butter is melted. Blend the butter into the cornbread
until it is moist.
- Spread the cornbread/butter over the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about one hour or until the top is brown and crispy.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> >> Leftover Ham Recipes