Ham and Lentil Soup
- 1 meaty ham bone
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 to 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a Dutch oven, bring ham bone and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove ham bone. To broth, add lentils, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onions and
seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or
until lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, remove ham from bone; coarsely chop. Add ham, sausage and parsley
to soup; heat through.
Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts)
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> >> Leftover Ham Recipes