- 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 pound top round beef steak, cut into 3/4-inch julienne strips
- 3 tablespoons red wine or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 medium sweet peppers (red, green or yellow), sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup salsa or picante sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream, light
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine wine, oil, cumin, salt, garlic and lime juice.
- Marinate meat for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Over medium heat, in a large skillet, brown meat with peppers and onions.
- Warm tortillas and serve immediately with meat mixture and toppings.
Servings: 6 (2 fajitas each)
Nutrition: One serving (two fajitas) provides approximately: 519 calories,
26 g protein, 46 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 25 g fat (8 g saturated), 63 mg cholesterol,
108 mcg folate, 4 mg iron, 714 mg sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Wheat Foods Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.