- 12 slices, small Italian or French bread, toasted
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine tomatoes, oil, basil and salt in a covered bowl and let marinate
at least 4 hours (Do not refrigerate; tomatoes will lose their flavor).
- Use a slotted spoon to layer on to bread.
- Serve immediately.
Servings: 6 - 2 slices each
Nutrition: One serving (2 slices) provides approximately: 213 calories, 6
g protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 5 g fat (1 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol,
61 mcg folate, 2 mg iron, 489 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Wheat Foods Council
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Heart-Healthy Recipes