Chicken and Peanut Salad in a Pita
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise or salad dressing (light)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (light)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (reduced fat)
- 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup Chinese peapods, cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped red or yellow sweet peppers
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 3 whole wheat pita breads, cut into half
- Mix first four ingredients until well blended.
- Add chicken and vegetables and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- Stir in peanuts and spoon into pita pockets.
Servings: 6 halves
Nutrition: One serving provides approximately: 219 calories, 13 g protein,
25 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 8 g fat (2 g saturated), 23 mg cholesterol, 28 mcg
folate, 2 mg iron, 230 mg potassium, 615 mg sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Wheat Foods Council