Gingered Fruit Salsa with
Crispy Cinnamon Chips
Dip into gingery fresh fruit with sweet and spicy tortilla chips.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 Old El Paso® flour tortillas
for burritos (8 inch; from 11-ounce package)
- 3 tablespoons
butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup finely diced pineapple
- 1 cup finely diced
- 1 cup finely diced mango
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon
finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Set oven control to broil.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Brush both sides of each tortilla with butter; sprinkle
with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Cut each tortilla into 12 wedges.
- Place tortilla wedges in single layer in 2 ungreased 15 x 10 x 1-inch pans
or on 2 cookie sheets. Broil for 2 to 4 minutes, turning once, until crispy
and golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Serve salsa with chips.
Prep Time 40 Minutes
Total Time 1:20 Hr:Mins
Makes 24 servings
Substitution: Use 3 cups pineapple and omit the papaya and mango for a refreshing
Use a pizza cutter to easily cut the tortillas into wedges.
The chips can be made up to one week ahead of time. Store in a tightly covered
container at room temperature.
Nutrition Information: (1 Serving) Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25), Total
Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 65mg; Total
Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 0%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills.