Glazed Lemon-Coconut Bars
Coconut and freshly grated lemon peel add zing to an all-time favorite bar.
- 1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons firm butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free egg product
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl, mix 1 cup Bisquick mix and 2
tablespoons powdered sugar.
- Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through mixture
in opposite directions), until crumbly.
- Press into ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake uncovered for about 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix all remaining bar ingredients.
- Pour coconut mixture over baked layer.
- Bake for about 25 minutes longer or until set and golden brown.
- Loosen edges from sides of pan while warm.
- In small bowl, stir lemon glaze ingredients until smooth; spread over bars.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
Prep Time 15 Min | Makes 16 bars
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Bar) Calories 110 (Calories from Fat
20), Total Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium
100mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 15g), Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills