Grilled Garlic-Sage Pork Roast
Garlic, sage and olive oil are the secrets to a delicious and tender pork roast.
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless center-cut pork loin roast (1 1/2 pounds)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In small bowl, stir together garlic, sage, oil, salt and pepper. Rub garlic
mixture over pork.
- Carefully brush oil on grill rack. Place pork on grill over medium heat.
Cover; cook 35 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat thermometer inserted
into center of pork reads 155 degrees .
- Remove from grill; cover with foil and let stand 5 minutes until thermometer
reads 160 degrees F.
- To serve, cut pork across grain into thin slices.
- Garnish with additional fresh sage leaves if desired.
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Total Time 1:05 Hr:Mins
Makes 6 servings
Nutrition Information: (1 Serving) Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 120),
Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 240mg;
Total Carbohydrate 2g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 25g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 0
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills.