Enjoy this creamy ham, veggies and cheese topped red potatoes delicious side-dish
that’s ready in just 20 minutes.
- 4 medium unpeeled red potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 8 medium green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- Pierce potatoes with fork. Arrange potatoes about 1 inch apart in circle
on microwavable paper towel in microwave oven. Microwave uncovered on High 8
to 10 minutes or until tender. (Or bake potatoes in 375 degrees F oven 1 to
1 1/2 hours.)
- Let potatoes stand until cool enough to handle.
- While potatoes are cooking, spray 4-quart Dutch oven with cooking spray;
heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook mushrooms in Dutch oven 1 minute, stirring frequently; reduce heat
to medium. Cover and cook for 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in ham, green onions and red pepper. Cover and let stand for 4 minutes.
- Split baked potatoes lengthwise in half; fluff with fork.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the sour cream over each potato half.
- Top with ham mixture and cheese.
Prep Time 12 Min | Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 50), Total
Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g)Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 560mg; Total
Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 7g), Protein 16g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 40%; Iron 40%
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.