- 1 cup pitted black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimentos
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the pimentos, and serve with pita bread wedges.
18 (1/2 ounce servings)
Nutrition: One serving provides approximately: 38 calories, 0 g protein,
1 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 4 g fat (1 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 2 mcg folate,
0 mg iron, 65 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit: Wheat Foods Council.