Pork Chops in Country Onion Gravy
Looking for a classic pork dinner? Then check out these browned chops served
in smooth onion flavored gravy - a delightful skillet meal!
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup
Progresso® beef broth (from 32 ounce carton)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup fat-free
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- Generously spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over
medium-high heat. Cook pork chops in skillet for about 6 minutes, turning once,
until brown on both sides.
- Remove pork from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onions to skillet; cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth and pepper.
- Return pork to skillet; spoon onion mixture over pork. Cover tightly and
simmer 12 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and meat thermometer inserted
in center reads 160 degrees F.
- Mix milk and flour in small bowl. Add to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring
constantly, until thickened.
Prep Time 10 Minutes | Total Time 35 Minutes
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Information:1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 230 (Calories
from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium
310mg; Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g), Protein 27g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Vegetable;* 3 Lean Meat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from
Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills.