Primavera Pasta Salad
A heart-healthy pasta salad served cold.
- 8 ounces whole wheat rotini
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
small green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can black olives, pitted and drained
- 8 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked and
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on package; drain and rinse under cold
- Put pasta in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients; toss well.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours and serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional analysis: One serving provides approximately: 228 calories, 10
g protein, 38 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 6 g fat (2 g saturated), 8 mg cholesterol,
43 mcg folate, 2 mg iron and 251 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit: Wheat Foods Council.