Sesame Chicken and Pasta
- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, light
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hot chile oil
- 2 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless, cooked
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 pound pea pods
- 3 scallions, white bulbs and 3 inches green tops, sliced
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain, rinse under cold water
and set aside in large mixing bowl.
- Put garlic, vinegar, brown sugar, peanut butter and soy sauce in food processor;
chop for 1 minute.
- With the processor still on, slowly add the sesame and hot chili oils through
the feed tube and process until well blended.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and toss with linguine.
- Add sauce and half the sesame seeds and toss to coat.
- Trim pea pods as desired. Blanch in saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds;
drain, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Place linguine-chicken mixture in large flat serving bowl and arrange pea
pods on top.
- Sprinkle with scallions and remaining sesame seeds.
- Serve at room temperature.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition: One serving provides approximately: 567 calories, 31 g protein,
42 g carbohydrates, 8 g fiber, 32 g fat (5 g saturated), 49 mg cholesterol, 70 mcg
folate, 13 g iron and 730 sodium
Recipe and photo credit: Wheat Foods Council.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.