Sun-Dried Tomato and Walnuts
Tossed with Penne Pasta
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1/3 cup lightly toasted, chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup minced, bottled sun-dried tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu
- Salt, to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add the penne pasta
and cook according to package directions.
- As the pasta cooks, prepare the sauce.
- Place the pressed garlic in a large bowl.
- Add the walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, oil and basil.
- Mash in the tofu and mix well with a spoon.
- When the pasta is ready, drain, and add to the mixture in large bowl.
- Toss all ingredients until pasta is well-coated.
- Pour onto a platter and serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition: One serving provides approximately: 279 calories, 13 g protein,
22 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 17 g fat (2 g saturated), 19 mg cholesterol, 63 mcg
folate, 3 mg iron, 135 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Wheat Foods Council