Sweet and Spicy Brussels Sprouts
Honey and chili add a kick of unexpected flavor to the notably earthy, bitter
flavor of Brussels sprouts.
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, small, trimmed and halved
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh, grated
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Place walnuts in a large skillet set over medium heat. Cook for 5
minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts and
ginger and cook for 5 minutes or until sprouts are lightly browned, stirring
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 to 10
minutes more (depending on size) or until sprouts are tender and nicely
glazed with sauce.
- Toss with walnuts.
Nutrition 180 Calories Fat 14g Saturated Fat 1.5g Monounsaturated Fat
2.5g Polyunsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 75mg Carbohydrates 13g
Dietary Fiber 4g Protein 4g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):