Tomato Basil Pasta
- 2 ounces long pasta of choice (spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup Asiago or Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a small skillet, sauté garlic in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and basil, stir until warmed.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with tomato mixture and cheese.
- Garnish with a basil sprig.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition: One serving provides approximately: 282 calories, 9 g protein,
45 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 7 g fat (2 g saturated), 4 mg cholesterol, 140 mcg
folate, 2 mg iron, 408 mg sodium
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Wheat Foods Council
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Heart-Healthy Recipes