Apple Pie Filling
After you have made your own apple pie filling, you will never buy a can of it again!
- 6 apples, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Toss apples with the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt and 1 cup of water in the liner of your Instant Pot. Stir in the apples.
- Cook on manual HIGH for 2 minutes.
- NPR for 6 minutes and then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Set the pot to sauté.
- Whisk 1/4 cup cornstarch into 3/4 cup water.
- Pour the cornstarch slurry into the pot with the apples and stir until the sauce has thickened.
- Use immediately, refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze until needed.