Apple Pie Filling
After you have made your own apple pie filling, you will never buy a can of it again!
- 6 apples, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Toss apples with the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt and 1 cup
of water in the liner of your Instant Pot. Stir in the apples.
- Cook on manual HIGH for 2 minutes.
- NPR for 6 minutes and then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Set the pot to sauté.
- Whisk 1/4 cup cornstarch into 3/4 cup water.
- Pour the cornstarch slurry into the pot with the apples and stir until the
sauce has thickened.
- Use immediately, refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze until needed.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.