Artichokes with Roasted Garlic Butter
Your Instant Pot is ideal for making these Artichokes with Roasted Garlic Butter. They can be used as a side dish or an appetizer.
- 4 medium artichokes
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 lemon wedges for serving
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter plus 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Prepare the artichokes by trimming the stems flush with the bottoms. Peel
away any browned outer leaves. Chop off the tops of the artichokes (about
one-quarter of the way down). Using kitchen shears, snip off the thorny tips of
the remaining leaves. Rinse the artichokes under running water and shake off
excess water. Rub the cut edges of the artichokes with the cut half of the lemon
to help slow them from browning.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot. Place the metal steam rack/trivet
or steamer basket inside. Set the artichokes upright on the rack, stacking
them if necessary. Secure the lid and turn the steam release valve to
Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook or Manual button and set the cook time to 10 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for
10 minutes, then carefully switch the steam release valve to Venting.
- Meanwhile, if using the already-made compound butter, melt it in a small
saucepan over low heat. If making fresh garlic butter, gently melt the
butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir in the grated garlic, and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove either garlic butter from the heat.
- When the pressure is fully released, open the lid. Use tongs to
carefully remove the artichokes to serving plates. Serve the artichokes with
lemon wedges and individual dishes of melted garlic butter for dipping.
Yield: 4 artichokes
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.