Baked Idaho® Potatoes
Make baked potatoes in 1/3 of the time! A simple fast recipe for fluffy
delicious baked potatoes made in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- 1 cup water
- 2-4 extra large Idaho® Russet Potatoes (13-14 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Generous pinch salt
- Place 1 cup water in the bottom of the Instant pot or pressure cooker.
Place a rack or steamer basket over the water (water level should be lower
than the rack).
- Wash (or scrub if necessary) and pat dry the potatoes. Poke with a fork
in 3-4 places.
- Rub each with a little oil (just enough to lightly coat) and salt
- Place the potatoes in the steamer basket and set pressure cook setting
to high. Pressure cook on high for 16 minutes. If your potatoes are larger
than 14 ounces, pressure cook for 20 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for best results.
- To crisp the skin (optional) place them directly on the rack in a hot
oven, convection oven or toaster oven for a few minutes.
Make sure potatoes do not touch the water or they will get mushy instead of
fluffy. Do not attempt to make this with out water- Pressure cookers need liquid
to get pressurized.
Source: Sylvia Fountaine, Food Blogger, Feasting at Home
Recipe and photo credit: Idaho Potato Commission
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.