Bolognese Sauce in the Instant Pot
Bolognese Sauce is a meat-based sauce originating in Bologna, Italy. It is usually made with half sausage and half beef, relying on wine and broth to enhance the sauce. In Italian cuisine. It is customarily used to dress "tagliatelle al ragù" and to prepare "lasagne alla bolognese."
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (5 ounce) package chopped pancetta or 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup Chianti (Italian red wine)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup beef broth
- Set Instant Pot on saute. When hot, add a little olive oil.
- Add sausage and ground beef and brown, crumbling the meat as it cooks.
- While meat is browning, put garlic, onion, carrots, celery and pancetta
or bacon in a food processor. Process until it almost forms a paste. Add to
browned meat and cook until vegetables are almost brown.
- Deglaze with Chianti and turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt , pepper and beef
broth. Stir to mix.
- Put lid on pot, close vent and set to Manual for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti.
- When done, let sit for 5 minutes, then open the vent.
- When the pin drops, stir and serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Instant Pot Recipes