Instant Pot® Cajun Boiled Peanuts
- 2 pounds raw or green peanuts* in the shell
- A scant 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon Zatarain’s Liquid Crab Boil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or more if you like it spicier)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
* Green peanuts are just taken from the ground and are slightly damp. It is not their color.
- Rinse peanuts under cold water.
- Soak raw peanuts overnight.
- Put peanuts in Instant Pot. Add water until the peanuts float. Add the spices. Put a plate upside down over the peanuts to keep them under the water.
- Raw Peanuts: Press Manual or Pressure Cook for 80 minutes and allow a
- Green Peanuts: Press Manual or Pressure Cook for 60 minutes, then do a
- Transfer peanuts and the water in which they were cooked to a large container and refrigerate. Lift from water with a slotted spoon to serve.