Chicken Tinga and Black Bean Tacos
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup jarred salsa verde
- 1-2 tablespoons Tabasco chipotle pepper sauce
- 1/4-1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of salt
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Cooked Black Beans
- Small corn or flour tortillas
- Chopped white onion
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped radishes
- Lime wedges
- Add the first 8 ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend
until mixture is smooth.
- Place the chicken in bottom of Instant Pot, sprinkle with salt and
pepper, and pour tomato mixture over chicken. Add bay leaf and stir to
- Cover, twist to lock the lid, and turn the valve to sealing. Select
Manual mode for high pressure and set for 10 minutes. Once time is up, let
the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then turn valve to venting.
- Open lid and remove bay leaf. Use two forks to shred the chicken in the
- Warm tortillas by wrapping in aluminum foil and heating in a 350° oven
for 15-20 minutes (while chicken is cooking in the Instant Pot). Or, heat
individual tortillas over a gas burner flame, using tongs to flip and
slightly char each side.
- Add shredded chicken and cooked black beans to warm tortillas, along
with additional chopped onion, cilantro, radishes and fresh squeezed lime
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 20 min | Yield: 8 tacos
Recipe adapted from paleOMG.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Instant Pot Recipes