This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Classic Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Serve this delicious classic cheesecake topped with your choice of fruit pie filling,
whipped cream, fresh fruit, berry compote, salted caramel sauce or a chocolate drizzle.
The possibilities are endless.
- 1 cup Graham cracker cookie crumbs*
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
* Oreo, vanilla wafer or other crumbs may be used if desired.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- Prepare a 7-inch springform pan by coating it with nonstick spray. Line
with parchment paper if desired. Make a sling with a 20-inch piece of
aluminum foil, folded three times lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, combine the Graham cracker crumbs and butter. Spread
evenly in the bottom and 1 inch up the side of the pan. Place in the freezer
for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl mix cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until
smooth. Mix in vanilla extract, and add eggs one at a time just until
blended; don’t over-mix. Pour batter into the springform pan on top of the
crust. (It is very important that the cream cheese is warm.)
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot, and place the trivet in the
bottom. Carefully center the filled pan on a foil sling and lower it into
the pot. Fold the foil sling down so that it doesn’t interfere with closing
- Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 25
- When beep sounds, turn off Instant Pot. Use natural pressure release
(NPR) for 10 minutes, and then do a quick pressure release to release any
remaining pressure. When valve drops, carefully remove lid.
- Remove cheesecake and check the cheesecake to see if the middle is set.
If not, cook the cheesecake an additional 5 minutes. Use the corner of a
paper towel to gently soak up any water on top of the cheesecake.
- Remove the springform pan to a wire rack to cool. When cheesecake has
cooled, refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for at least 4 hours or