Creamy Instant Pot® Mashed Potatoes
A bit of mayonnaise mixed in is the secret ingredient to the creamiest, most delicious mashed potatoes ever. They reheat well, too, so make them the day before a big meal and store covered in the refrigerator.
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt + extra to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided + extra for topping
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
- Wash and peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Transfer potatoes to the inner pot of an Instant Pot® and add just enough water to cover. Add the 2 teaspoons salt and 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Set the Instant Pot® pressure setting at high for 7 minutes.
- When done, use the quick release valve to immediately release pressure.
- Drain potatoes in a strainer and transfer to a heat-proof bowl.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or ricer.
- Add mayonnaise, heavy cream and remaining butter and mix well. Salt to taste.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley, freshly ground black pepper and a pat of butter, if desired.
This is a great make-ahead side dish that reheats beautifully for a big meal. Prepare a day ahead and store covered in the refrigerator.
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / Apolonia