Instant Pot® Recipes
Instant Pot® French Dip Sandwiches
Yield: 6 sandwiches
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth (regular or low-sodium)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 6 soft rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch kosher salt
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Let chuck roast rest at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before searing.Add vegetable oil to the Instant Pot® and press the sauté button.
- Season chuck roast with kosher salt, freshly ground pepper and garlic powder on all sides.
- Using a pair of long heat-proof kitchen tongs, sear roast on all sides in Instant Pot.
- Remove seared roast from Instant Pot® and set aside.
- Add onions to pot and sauté just until they start to soften.
- Add red wine to pot and let simmer until reduced by half.
- Use a wooden spoon to scrape up seared bits from the bottom of the pot as it simmers.
- When wine has reduced, add beef broth and bay leaf.
- Return roast to Instant Pot, close lid and set pressure release valve to sealing.
- Press Meat/Stew function and increase time to 100 minutes.
- Let Instant Pot® natural release for 25 minutes, then turn valve to venting to release any excess pressure.
- Remove lid and transfer roast to a serving plate and shred.
- Strain liquid through a fine mesh strainer and serve warm for dipping sandwiches.
- Set oven to broil and place sandwich rolls on a baking sheet.
- Combine melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and pinch of kosher salt in a small bowl.
- Brush over rolls and toast for 2-3 minutes, just until gold brown.
- Pile meat onto rolls and top with cheese. Return to broiler and heat just until cheese has started to melt.
- Top sandwiches with freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley.
- Serve with warm au jus for dipping.
Photo credit: htomren on Visualhunt