IP Baby Back Ribs
- 2 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 4 tablespoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 rack baby back pork ribs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke (optional)
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
- Rib Rub: Combine all spices.
- Use to rub into spareribs several hours
or up to a day before grilling. Store tightly covered for later use.
- Ribs: Remove the membrane from the bottom
side of the ribs by running a knife under the skin and then using a paper
towel to grip and remove completely.
- Place the rack in a pressure cooker
and place the ribs inside the pot, standing on their side, wrapping around
the inside of the pot. Pour in the water, apple cider and liquid smoke (if
using), being careful to not wash off any of the seasonings.
- Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed. Press the Meat button and set to 25
minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick
release the rest of the way.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the pressure
cooker and set on a foil lined baking sheet. Brush with barbecue sauce, and
pop under the broiler for 5 minutes, watching closely to make sure it doesn't
The Rib Rub makes 1 cup, enough for 4 slabs of spareribs.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Instant Pot Recipes