IP Basmati Rice
Basmati is a variety of long, slender-grained aromatic rice which is
traditionally from India, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
According to the Canadian Diabetes Association, basmati rice has a "medium"
glycemic index (between 56 and 69) opposed to regular white rice with a glycemic
index of 89, thus making it more suitable for diabetics as compared to certain
other grains and products made from white flour.
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 3 cups water
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Rinse the rice in a fine-mesh strainer and soak covered in fresh water
for 15 minutes.
- Strain the rice and add to the Instant Pot—being careful to remove any
stray grains from the top edge of the inner pot.
- Add water.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Press MANUAL and then use the MINUS (-)] button to choose 4 minutes
pressure cooking time.
- When time is up, open the cooker using the 10-minute NPR.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Instant Pot Recipes